About Maya

My name's Takas Neşeli, but everybody just calls me Maya. My Mum named me that after one of those funny dogs with no scent from the TV. That's an anagram for 'My Amazing Young Anatolian', whatever an anagram is. I'm five years old, I weigh 55 kilos, and I am fawn with a black mask, but I have a white tail tip too. I live with my Mum and Mum's pets in sunny Townsville, Australia.

Welcome

Welcome

Monday 17 February 2014

Where'd all this water come from?!

Last night it was raining when I went to sleep, and it was still raining when I woke up this morning - later than usual, because it was still very dark from all the clouds. Also the rooster down the road must have been confused because he wasn't crowing, either, and he usually wakes me up at five AM.
But anyway, a wonderful thing happened overnight! A river moved into our yard and over half our street!
Mum didn't even go to work - maybe cars don't float well?
YAY!
So Mum and I went for a walk in the rain. It was amazing!

Hey Mum, was there a road here yesterday?


I give up Mum - where'd you hide the driveway?
There wasn't quite enough water to swim in, but almost! Zeke wasn't very happy. He stayed at home and whimpered after us. Zeke is not as fond of rain as me, since with rain there is often also thunder, and thunder scares him. He might be my big brother, but with some things I am more brave than he is. I'm used to loud noises - try growing up with my Uncle Kimba, or my Aunt Raven - WOW they can bark loud!



No comments:

Post a Comment