About Maya

My name's Takas Neşeli, but everybody just calls me Maya. My Mum named me that after one of those funny dogs with no scent from the TV. That's an anagram for 'My Amazing Young Anatolian', whatever an anagram is. I'm five years old, I weigh 55 kilos, and I am fawn with a black mask, but I have a white tail tip too. I live with my Mum and Mum's pets in sunny Townsville, Australia.

Welcome

Welcome

Wednesday 12 February 2014

North Shore fun



North Shore has lots of fun places to visit - paths to walk on, a little river with lots of mud which Mum never lets me swim in, and of course the dog park!

We went for a walk beside the river first, and when I was a bit tired, we sat down by the water. Not for very long though! Some pesky mosquitoes found us. They can't really bite me because of all my fur, but they do bite Mum. I helped by eating two of them but the rest were too fast for me, so we kept walking. 


Put your best paw forward!






After our walk, I had to do my Work and practice sit, wait, drop and come here, and then I was allowed into the dog park to run around and say hello to Dusty!
Dusty is another one of my friends. He's a gold-and-white Border Collie who is very good at playing Wrestle, and he is also great at Tag and Chase. Dusty likes to play Ball too. I'm not really interested in balls, but sometimes I do steal Dusty's, so he has to chase me to get it back! He is pretty fast... not faster than me. But he thinks he is, since I let him win sometimes.
I also got lots of pats and attention from a human at the dog park. She said I was her favourite dog there! I showed her how good I was at doing sit, and I got lots of cuddles.




Then I thought another dog was being rude to me so I growled, and Mum was very cross with me. I had to go back on my lead and lie and watch the other dogs play... that wasn't so much fun.
After that I had to do more Work and we went outside the dog park to practice sit and drop and come here more, until the sun went down and we had to go home.


Waiting on my long lead until Mum tells me 'Here'
Oh well, I had a lot of fun seeing Dusty! My brother Zeke is a good brother and everything, but he's also old with sore legs so he doesn't always want to play with me like my friends do!  

No comments:

Post a Comment