About Maya

My name's Takas Neşeli, but everybody just calls me Maya. My Mum named me that after one of those funny dogs with no scent from the TV. That's an anagram for 'My Amazing Young Anatolian', whatever an anagram is. I'm five years old, I weigh 55 kilos, and I am fawn with a black mask, but I have a white tail tip too. I live with my Mum and Mum's pets in sunny Townsville, Australia.

Welcome

Welcome

Friday 29 November 2013

Strands and Presents

Today's adventure took place at the Strand, which is one of my favourite places. We did Rollerblading again! (The photo at the top is me waiting for Mum to put her rollerblades on. They are more complicated to put on that shoes that don't have wheels.)

Much to my delight, my spa bath has water in it again! It was red water though, which was a bit weird. Still, I had a very nice spa bath. I don't know my people - even Mum - laugh so much when I have my spa. Another thing that made people laugh was when we stopped for a rest and Mum sat on a bench, and I climbed up to sit with her. Mum complained that I had 'dog breath' - when we're both sitting down I am taller than she is - then after I turned my head and accidentally dripped a little bit of drool on her shoulder, she pushed me off the bench! Clearly it was an accident so I don't see why it was so funny.

This photo is when we stopped for a drink break - well, one of them, we stop for lots of drink breaks. Even though we rollerblade at night, we both get pretty thirsty. We also stopped to do some work, where I have to sit, drop and come. Some nice kids watched and thought I was very clever, and I got pats and attention afterwards. 


At the far end of the Strand is the Waterpark. Tonight the water was still running and lots of kids were playing in it, but Mum still wouldn't let me go in! Life really is unfair sometimes when you're an Anatolian. 
The other thing that happened at the Strand was that a puppy walked by me who nobody had obviously taught any manners too, because she stared right at me (which is bad manners, if you a dog meeting another dog for the first time). So I growled at the puppy and Mum told me to be polite!! I WAS being polite. I politely growled and let her know that I was the boss around here, thank you very much. What's so wrong with that? 

On the way home we stopped at an ice-cream place Mum likes, which is called 'Baskin Robbins'. I don't know why I have to wait outside with my leash clipped to a table, I mean, I could be a really good floor-cleaner-uperer in a place like that. After Mum brought some ice-cream (Mmmm... ice-cream...) we went home and found out that Dad had a roast chicken cooking for us!
Mmm. Chicken.

Tonight, Mum pulled out all sorts of supplies - paper, and tape, scissors, stickers, and bags of stuff. Then she spread all the stuff over the floor, muttered to herself about what was for who, then hid all the stuff in paper so you couldn't see it anymore. I think this happened last year, too - Mum calls it 'wrapping presents'. I didn't see any presents for me though, so it wasn't very interesting.

 
I still helped, though.


No comments:

Post a Comment