About Maya

My name's Takas Neşeli, but everybody just calls me Maya. My Mum named me that after one of those funny dogs with no scent from the TV. That's an anagram for 'My Amazing Young Anatolian', whatever an anagram is. I'm five years old, I weigh 55 kilos, and I am fawn with a black mask, but I have a white tail tip too. I live with my Mum and Mum's pets in sunny Townsville, Australia.

Welcome

Welcome

Monday 2 December 2013

North Shore walk with Austin!


Last night's adventure was at North Shore, which is a nice place to go for a walk - plus, as a bonus, we have to take a car ride (yay!) to get there. Also, as a double bonus, Mum's friend Dani came walking with us, and so did my very-best-friend-Austin! Have not seen Austin in a while. I wonder if I am getting bigger or he's getting smaller? Never tell Austin he is small though. He is the BIGGEST small dog you will ever meet and he isn't afraid of ANYONE. Maybe that's why we're best friends, we're alike in that way.

I have no idea why humans have to spend so much time chattering like birds, but as usual, that's what Mum and Dani did while Austin, me and Zeke strolled along enjoying the smooth path and breathing in the fresh air, smelling like clean water and fresh plants. Until the path stopped quite suddenly! I guess Mum and Dani didn't want to walk on the grass because we went back them. On the way back to the car, we passed Koda's house and she was in the backyard (Koda is a Shetland Sheepdog we know from the dog park - I am not the furriest dog when Koda is there, because she has even longer fur than I do). Koda barked that she really wished she was out walking with us! 
A picture of me, Koda and Austin from a year ago!

We said goodbye to Austin when it began to get dark, and Mum let me into the dog park for a quick play because I was such a good girl. (I don't know why we can't go to the dog park ALL the time since I'm always a good girl...) There was a Happy Lab I didn't know and also another dog I didn't know, a German-Shepherd-with-Toy. Happy Lab seemed to be in three places at once, and German-Shepherd-with-Toy only wanted to chase his Toy. But then Soldier came in, I have not seen Soldier since he was small puppy sized. Soldier is no longer small puppy sized - he had turned one year old and he was as tall as me, just with smaller muscles and less fur. (He is a Rhodesian Ridgeback.) Even though he smelled the same I did not recognize him at first.   

Last time I saw them Soldier and Victor were only this big!


Solider was also not with his brother, Victor, but it turns out that's because Victor broke his leg being silly in the backyard, and he has to stay at home until it's better. Soldier and I played for a while, and I could tell he really wished his brother was there, too. Hopefully Victor's leg gets better soon. It must be awful to be stuck at home and not be able to go on Adventures. 

Today Soldier is this big. Not quite as big as me. But close.

Mum says that me, her and Zeke are all invited to Austin's birthday in a fortnight, and that sounds like a pretty good Adventure to me - I can't wait!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment