About Maya

My name's Takas Neşeli, but everybody just calls me Maya. My Mum named me that after one of those funny dogs with no scent from the TV. That's an anagram for 'My Amazing Young Anatolian', whatever an anagram is. I'm five years old, I weigh 55 kilos, and I am fawn with a black mask, but I have a white tail tip too. I live with my Mum and Mum's pets in sunny Townsville, Australia.

Welcome

Welcome

Saturday 9 November 2013

Sunset Beach Adventure


This evening we had a Beach Adventure, I had lots of fun even though Mum said there were too many people and other dogs for me to run around off the lead. But I still got to go swimming (the water is really warm again now), teach a coconut a lesson, have a good roll in the sand, and all the wonderful things a dog can do at the beach. 



This wave snuck up on me when I wasn't looking... there I was just sitting down in the water, minding my own business, and it came out of nowhere and tried to get my ears wet!  




Most of the Adventure was very peaceful as you can see in this photo. Except for the part when we walked across the grassy area where there were lots of people and a few dogs, one small dog who was tied up  barked at me. Mum said it was okay, so I was a good dog and didn't bark back. Why do small dogs bark so much anyway?


This is the coconut I found! If you've never chewed on a salty coconut before, they are the best, and you ought to try one as soon as you can.





Tasty coconut.


I got to swim a lot, since Mum says swimming is good for big dogs, especially in salt water. It's important when you have a heavy fur coat like mine to shake yourself really well after each swim, otherwise the water soaks down to your skin and makes you uncomfortable. 


Whoops, sorry Mum, did I get you? (Ha ha!)








I also got to have a really fun roll in the sand, and Mum took a video of that. It takes a lot of skill to dig sideways, you know.
After one last swim to wash off all the sand, we headed back to the grassy area (I got barked at again by the small dog. I think it must have been scared I was going to eat it, but Mum wouldn't let me) and Mum dried me with a towel, and then we drove home. I wish I could have a Beach Adventure every day! 

1 comment:

  1. Really enjoy your blog Chris :) She's a real cutie !

    ReplyDelete