About Maya

My name's Takas Neşeli, but everybody just calls me Maya. My Mum named me that after one of those funny dogs with no scent from the TV. That's an anagram for 'My Amazing Young Anatolian', whatever an anagram is. I'm five years old, I weigh 55 kilos, and I am fawn with a black mask, but I have a white tail tip too. I live with my Mum and Mum's pets in sunny Townsville, Australia.

Welcome

Welcome

Sunday 17 November 2013

Home away from home


Today we didn't have an Adventure, because Mum went to Work then came home when it was dark. So I thought I'd talk about an Adventure I had a few weeks ago, when Mum and Dad went for a long drive. I don't know why I wasn't allowed to come - I love car rides! - but the place Zeke and I got to stay at instead was a LOT of fun. It was called 'Cordelia Pet Care', and several nice German Shepherds lived there, plus lots of other dogs that stayed a few days, just like us.
At first, I didn't know if I would like it there because the first thing that happened was that I had a bath! Nobody besides Mum had ever given me a bath before so I wasn't sure about that sort of welcome. But I felt better after I found a nice patch of dirt to roll in so I didn't smell so terrible!
Every morning after breakfast, Zeke and I got let out into a yard just for dogs to play in! There was a pool just like at home, too, for me to swim in. 

 
I showed all the other dogs how to use the pool, and even occasionally let them swim in it. Only when I wasn't using it.



 
 Zeke was grumpy of course, he just lay in a shady spot and grumbled at the other dogs if they tried to get him to play. (I am the only dog Zeke will play with. He says it's because I'm 'so annoying' but I know it's really because I'm his favourite.) But that was okay, because it meant that the other dogs played with me instead. 


It was like being at the dog park all day!

After a long day of running, resting and playing all over again, there was just enough time for one last swim before dinner. 
Mum and Dad came back after three nights, and it was good to see them and go home and smell all the familiar smells (The cat next door actually came into MY yard, grr!) - but I had a lot of fun at Cordelia, and I hope that if Mum and Dad have to go on another long car trip without me, I get to stay there again.

No comments:

Post a Comment