About Maya

My name's Takas Neşeli, but everybody just calls me Maya. My Mum named me that after one of those funny dogs with no scent from the TV. That's an anagram for 'My Amazing Young Anatolian', whatever an anagram is. I'm five years old, I weigh 55 kilos, and I am fawn with a black mask, but I have a white tail tip too. I live with my Mum and Mum's pets in sunny Townsville, Australia.

Welcome

Welcome

Friday 7 March 2014

Storms over the Strand


 
Like I've said before - the rain never keeps me and Mum inside! Tonight we went to the Strand and it was rainy really heavily when we got there. So we didn't Rollerblade, just walked, but that's still fun. There were definitely less dogs and their humans out walking though - I don't get why. Mum always says 'Rain is just water, it dries!' and out we go.







What rain? 


Apparently all the rain is because there's another cyclone nearby. Last time it just turned out to be lots of wind and rain and nothing scary at all, so this time will hopefully be the same. Mum brought extra candles and more water yesterday just in case. Atlhough I don't know why humans need so much water in those bottles. What's wrong with drinking from a nice fresh puddle of rainwater, I ask you?
 

Anyway, back to the Adventure! Speaking of puddles there were lots of them to splash through, and down by the edge of the ocean and the land some big waves were crashing against the rocks, which we stopped to get a good look at.

They didn't scare ME, of course


We walked down the pier too, which Mum thinks is 'relaxing'. I don't really see what's relaxing about being on a heap of windy wooden boards waaaaay above the big waves, it must be a human thing. But it's my job to go with Mum and look after her all the time, no matter where she wants to go. Once we left the pier it was time to go home - it was barely raining at all anymore. Since my fur makes me waterproof, it didn't bother me anyway!  


Don't forget next time it's raining - take your dog for a walk, it's GREAT fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment