About Maya

My name's Takas Neşeli, but everybody just calls me Maya. My Mum named me that after one of those funny dogs with no scent from the TV. That's an anagram for 'My Amazing Young Anatolian', whatever an anagram is. I'm five years old, I weigh 55 kilos, and I am fawn with a black mask, but I have a white tail tip too. I live with my Mum and Mum's pets in sunny Townsville, Australia.

Welcome

Welcome

Tuesday 4 March 2014

An Adventurous Week





Wow, it's been such a busy week, I haven't even had time to post here. Will try to find more time this week so that nobody misses any Adventures.


On one Adventure, I chewed up this stick after a fair fight.

 Last week Mum and I went on a whole new Adventure, to a place called Agility. There were lots of dogs there like at a dog park, except they weren't there to play but to do lots of different Work. Some of this were things that Mum and I practice all the time, like Sit, Wait, Here, and Heel, but other things were much more fun! I got to walk up a ramp, and hop over little jumps - they were easy because they were so small - and walk along a plank and go through a tunnel. The tunnel was the hardest, because I have to duck down to go through it, but I soon got the hang of it! All in all Agility is good fun and I hope we go again. 

An evening at Agility

We had another River Adventure that my very-best-friend Austin was supposed to come on, but sadly he could not come. I think he would have really liked running and swimming and playing in the river.





We did find something a bit weird while we were there, though... 

Must have fallen off one of those tyre-trees...

There were also birds at the river, and not just any birds - hawks, and lots of them. I don't really trust hawks because they have big long claws and really good eyesight... part of my job at home is to guard Mum and my's house and yard from big birds like this. Well, there were LOTS of hawks so I had to keep a pretty close eye on them in case they tried anything.
Like they would dare...

Mum says the river is great for summertime Adventures. It's my second-favourite place to swim - after the beach.

Speaking of the beach...



We spent a very bright and sunny afternoon at the beach, rockclimbing and swimming. Zeke - my brother - really loves the beach, too. He likes to paddle calmly in the shallows. (I like to LEAP through the shallows and kick up lots of water, because it's the most fun that way.)
It was, all in all, a really run week of Adventure! 



No comments:

Post a Comment