About Maya

My name's Takas Neşeli, but everybody just calls me Maya. My Mum named me that after one of those funny dogs with no scent from the TV. That's an anagram for 'My Amazing Young Anatolian', whatever an anagram is. I'm five years old, I weigh 55 kilos, and I am fawn with a black mask, but I have a white tail tip too. I live with my Mum and Mum's pets in sunny Townsville, Australia.

Welcome

Welcome

Sunday 9 March 2014

Cyclones don't keep US inside



Ready for a walk, Mum!

Mum, me and Zeke had a really fun Adventure while some humans are busy worrying about a nearby cyclone! I don't know what's so scary, since it's not even raining yet, and there's only a very little breeze. But not everybody stayed inside worrying!


Guess who came to the park?!

My friends Coolie and Flick were at the dog park tonight! They are sisters (adopted sisters) and SO much fun at Race and Wrestle and especially Tag! Sometimes they make me feel a bit tired though, especially Flick who hardly ever stops running.

Some more old friends were there too - Keiko and Tamu the Rottweilers! 

Keiko is a little littler than Tamu!
Tamu is ALMOST as big as me!




Wrestle with Keiko!
I first met Keiko and Tamu when they were very, very little. They grew so fast though... now they are quite good partners for Wrestle. Keiko has learned some very good manners now she is almost all grown up. 


I also met a new dog today - and had a big surprise! Ash is a dog almost the same as me, a type of Livestock Guardian Dog from Turkey! (Livestock Guardians are sort of the opposite of herding dogs like Border Collies - while we don't herd, it is our job to protect flocks and herds of farm animals from anything that wanted to eat them. Or steal them. This is why I'm such a good guard dog for Mum... it's in my blood!)

Me and Ash

Ash is almost as tall as me but a bit skinnier, with a big fluffy tail just like mine. She was a bit shy at first and didn't want to play Wrestle, but she has very good manners and I really liked her.

We stayed at the dog park while the sun set and I got to have lots of games with everybody. My favourite part is when all of us race through the dog park together! It's really that much fun that none of us really care who wins. 


Oops. I almost ran over Coolie here!


 
Since I'm the fastest though, the other dogs all had to work together to stop me!
Hey, what is this? Pick-on-Maya-day?

Tamu tried to help the sisters beat me... 
But I soon showed them I had a secret weapon! 


Don't mess with the DROOL!

By the time it was getting dark we were all pretty tired. Except for Flick. I don't think Flick EVER gets tired... after we had a last drink together it was time to go home.


It was such a fun evening... I think it's time to curl up beside the couch, watch some TV with Mum, and maybe... have a little... nap... I'm not REALLY tired though...

zzzzzzzzzzz

No comments:

Post a Comment