About Maya

My name's Takas Neşeli, but everybody just calls me Maya. My Mum named me that after one of those funny dogs with no scent from the TV. That's an anagram for 'My Amazing Young Anatolian', whatever an anagram is. I'm five years old, I weigh 55 kilos, and I am fawn with a black mask, but I have a white tail tip too. I live with my Mum and Mum's pets in sunny Townsville, Australia.

Welcome

Welcome

Friday 14 March 2014

A Sunny Swim

OMG! BEACH!

Beach Adventure tonight! Though it was a bit hairy at the start of the Adventure... no sooner had we jumped out of the car a dog without a lead ran right over to us and got in my and Zeke's faces. (Very rude in the dog world. You know what's polite in dog language when you meet someone new? Sniffing butts. THAT's good manners.) Zeke was grumpy because his legs have been sore, and he hates it when strange dogs jump all over him because they bother his sore legs. Zeke getting upset makes me upset, since I am the protector of the pack after all. But Mum wouldn't let me teach the rude offlead dog a lesson, and so we went down to the beach and I soon forgot all about it.

Zeke went for a swim first - he likes to swim more than he likes walking, since swimming is good for him with his sore back legs. Mum also says swimming is very healthy exercise for dogs, that's why I go swimming at the beach or the river a lot.

I went in next and swam after Zeke (He swims way faster than he runs and is actually pretty hard to catch in the water) 
 
After we both had a good swim I played with Zeke a bit. I usually play a game called Face-Bite with Zeke, where he stands still and I LEAP around him in circles and bite his face (politely). He likes this game because he can play is pretty good even when his legs are feeling sore.

Face-Bite in action!

I even got to practice some jumping before we went home, too!





Jumped ALL over this log!

Had a nap when we got home... now hmm, and I think if I sniff the air... YES, that smells like roast pork cooking! Maybe if I sit by the couch and look super-hungry, Dad might feed me some...
 
PS - Dad is the better target for snagging human food. Mum just saves everything for my breakfast the next day, but sometimes Dad lets me finish his leftovers!

No comments:

Post a Comment