About Maya

My name's Takas Neşeli, but everybody just calls me Maya. My Mum named me that after one of those funny dogs with no scent from the TV. That's an anagram for 'My Amazing Young Anatolian', whatever an anagram is. I'm five years old, I weigh 55 kilos, and I am fawn with a black mask, but I have a white tail tip too. I live with my Mum and Mum's pets in sunny Townsville, Australia.

Welcome

Welcome

Thursday 19 December 2013

The Golden Girl



Today we got a visit from one of Mum's friends who I hadn't seen since I was a puppy! Eleanor looks shorter than I remember, or maybe I just grew? But after her visit, I got to go on a car ride when we dropped her off at home. Then, we went for a quick visit to Grandma's place. 
A few posts ago I mentioned that Grandma has gotten a new dog, who is named Goldie. I was a bit jealous because she got to go on a LONG car ride last week to visit Aunty Jess, Uncle John and Cousin Stirling for a big birthday party. Mum said she wished we could go as well, but she had to go to Work instead. I thought Work was so much fun, but it turns out, sometimes Work stops you from doing other things that would also be fun. 

Meeting Goldie

So, Goldie was pretty excited to see me visit her. (Who isn't?) She has not had all her needles yet and so she hasn't been allowed to play with many dogs. I did have to growl at her a couple times because she does not have good manners yet. She jumped all over my face... it was very annoying. However I knew Mum wanted me to be a Good Dog so I put up with the jumpy puppy and eventually she settled down and I played a little with her. 

Goldie did get a little worried when I ran around with her though, since she is very small and I am very big. I am used to playing with littlier puppies though.  

See?
Anyway, after all that playing and running and jumping, I needed a break. Goldie has a shell pool a bit like mine, so I had a swim. She wanted to get in as well, but I told her there was no room. 



 After we left Grandma's place we went to Work, since Mum was running low on treats for me and Zeke... I mean, she only has about ten bags and tubs of treats left!! Couldn't let them run out. I got some pats and attention from the nice people who come to Work to buy dog treats, and also from some of the other nice ladies who Work with Mum. I think Mum also might have brought a new toy, but she said I wouldn't find out what it was until Christmas... hmmm. I wonder if it's in one of those crinkly, wrapped-up packages under the Christmas tree...





 

No comments:

Post a Comment