About Maya

My name's Takas Neşeli, but everybody just calls me Maya. My Mum named me that after one of those funny dogs with no scent from the TV. That's an anagram for 'My Amazing Young Anatolian', whatever an anagram is. I'm five years old, I weigh 55 kilos, and I am fawn with a black mask, but I have a white tail tip too. I live with my Mum and Mum's pets in sunny Townsville, Australia.

Welcome

Welcome

Saturday 14 December 2013

Austin's Birthday Beach BBQ!











Today was a special day, because very-best-friend Austin turned two whole years old! To celebrate, us and the humans had a beach BBQ. Met some new dogs - Toby, who I have seen before when me and Mum have been at special events like Million Paws Walk, and Austin's puppy friends, Kobie, who is a Very Spotty Dog, and Lily, who is a Small Husky.



Mum brought Austin a toy, so of course I had to play with it first just to remind him that since MY mum brought it for him, he has to share it with me. Got told off when I growled at Austin to tell him this, then the toy got taken off me. 
Austin and I made up though cause we're best friends.
 
Humans were all very happy, all of us got lots of pats and attention, and there was lots of delicious food. Kobie came over to play with me. I liked Kobie very much, he had very good manners. 
Kobie and his good manners (He is saying that he is fine with me being boss)

After eating, we went down to the beach. Mum even let me off lead! Had a very nice swim then a very nice run then a very fun play with Austin and Kobie. It was so much fun with lots of other dogs there!


 

Everybody made a really big fuss when I went to the bathroom though. I don't know why everybody was laughing, and Mum was so embarrassed. I mean, I went in the water, so that Mum didn't have to go get a bag to pick up after me! I guess some humans don't appreciate what us dogs do for them. Austin and I also thought one of the yards up at the edge of the beach would be fun to explore. Mum was cross with me for not coming when I was called though (What? I couldn't hear her because there was sand in my ears...)  
I went back on-lead after that.



When we were all finished playing, we had a SPECIAL CAKE just for dogs. The cake had bacon in it! I never would have thought of that. I wonder if Mum could make me a bacon-cake. 
Yuum. Bacon-cake.

We also got special hats to wear. I kept mine on, but Kobie shook and shook his head until his hat came off, then he started eating the hat. Kobie is a very fun dog to be around!

Me and Austin in our special hats.


After that I was getting a little sleepy, and everybody started to pack up to go home. It was a very fun day at the beach, even better than our usual Beach Trips. When we went home, I had a dream about bacon cakes...

It really was a very tasty cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment