About Maya

My name's Takas Neşeli, but everybody just calls me Maya. My Mum named me that after one of those funny dogs with no scent from the TV. That's an anagram for 'My Amazing Young Anatolian', whatever an anagram is. I'm five years old, I weigh 55 kilos, and I am fawn with a black mask, but I have a white tail tip too. I live with my Mum and Mum's pets in sunny Townsville, Australia.

Welcome

Welcome

Sunday 18 May 2014

Best Day Ever!



Had SUCH a fun day today! Me and Mum went to the RSPCA's Million Paws Walk, which we also did last year. This year it was way more fun because it happened at Jezzine Barracks, one of our new favourite places. Mum said I was a very well-behaved girl! We got there early to sign up and walk around at all the stalls, and we saw lots of friends and groups there we knew. I got SO MANY pats and SO MUCH attention!
OHHAI!
I caught up with an old friend called Cleo from the dog park, it was very good to see her again. I remembered her right away too!
Me and Cleo on the walk!

Then I made a new friend, an Akita called Zen! Zen was very much a fun dog, he really wanted to have a game of Wrestle. Maybe I'll see him at the dog park sometime and we can play!
Zen is AWESOME.
For the walk itself we went down to the Strand and around the rockpool there, then back up to Jezzine. After we were done, we stayed to watch some demonstrations, but to Mum's surprise some of our Agility friends asked us to join in! So I showed everybody that big dogs can EASILY do the tunnel. I had a lot of fun showing off, but I think all the people watching made Mum nervous. She was a bit shaky after we were done - I think she needs more training! Our friend Ayla (who did my colouring for the World's Greatest Shave a few weeks ago) was there with FJ the poodle, and she took this video of me doing Tunnel!


After it started to rain we left with most other people, and Mum took me to work! She made me a special bed to sleep on in the back dock, but I was lonely and I wanted people to keep giving me pats and attention, so I howled until Mum let me walk around with her. Then I got EVEN MORE pats and attention so that was excellent.
Grumpy on my special bed where nobody can pat me...

I don't know why Mum wanted me to sleep, anyway. I wasn't at ALL sleepy.
Not even a little bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment