About Maya

My name's Takas Neşeli, but everybody just calls me Maya. My Mum named me that after one of those funny dogs with no scent from the TV. That's an anagram for 'My Amazing Young Anatolian', whatever an anagram is. I'm five years old, I weigh 55 kilos, and I am fawn with a black mask, but I have a white tail tip too. I live with my Mum and Mum's pets in sunny Townsville, Australia.

Welcome

Welcome

Friday 25 October 2013

A River Adventure


Days that Mum doesn't go to Work are my favourite days, because instead Mum does fun stuff with me. This morning's adventure started with a car trip (YAY!) to a place with lots of trees and green grass and people and a a big, slow river. We took a walk around, and Mum ate her breakfast orange while we sat on the grass. This is something that humans really don't do a lot of - eating outside - and I think it's because they just aren't as sensible as dogs. When you eat outside, you don't have to worry so much about crumbs.
Our breakfast spot
I helped Mum with her orange by rolling in the pile of peels she was making - orange peel smells really nice. After she was done laughing, Mum collected all the peel and put it in the bin, what a waste! She could have at least left it there for another dog to roll in. Then we went down onto the wooden planks right by the river. There were lots of lilly pads and fish and turtles swimming around for me to watch. Just as I was thinking about how nice it would be to go for a swim and I was about to jump in, Mum tugged on my lead and said very firmly "Don't even think about it!"
Sometimes, I think Mum can read my mind.
On the walk back, we went right by another type of river - this one smelt different and it had lots of people laughing and splashing in it. I put my head up on the concrete beside this river and saw all the people swimming - well, if humans were allowed to swim in this river, why not me? I jumped up onto the barrier, but to my disappointment, Mum told me to get down (on the side with the path, not the water). "Maya, you don't want to get in trouble with the lifeguard over there do you?"
But I think I could have swum faster than that lifeguard could have, so we could have had fun if he tried to chase me out of the water! 

After that we went across the road to Mum's Other Work. She used to go to Other Work some days but now she just stays at Main Work, but everybody there still knows her. One of the people who Works there is Jo, and it was her birthday soon so Mum and I brought her a card and a present and Jo got to take a photo with me.

Jo says I am a good pillow!



Also, I got LOTS of pats and attention! 

Pats from Mark!


Flick found a ball as usual!
Then, in the afternoon, we stopped by the dog park. Zeke as usual was really boring and lay down by Mum. (I am one of the only dogs Zeke plays with. He likes to go lick all the humans at the park though.) Flick and Koolie were there so we ran around for a while.


Then Second-Best-Friend Jax came!

Jax is a lot of fun because he is the same size as me now, he can play Wrestle really well, and he's also good at Chase and Sharks.
He thought he was winning at Chase, so I bit his tail. 


He gave me a pretty good headbutt here though.   





After Jax whet home I chewed up an old ball and hung out with a small white dog called Toto, who is even fluffier than me! His breed of dog is called a Japanese Spitz. He has nice manners, and his Mum gives really good pats. 
According to Mum, some people think it is rude when one dog sniffs another dog's behind - I suppose because if humans did that to one another that would be rude! But in dog language this is good manners. It's how we say 'hi' to one another. 

After it got dark and we had another car trip (yay!) home, I hung out inside with Mum and helped her cook a roast chicken, which is another of my favourite human foods, and a really great way to finish up a day filled with Adventures.  

No comments:

Post a Comment