About Maya

My name's Takas Neşeli, but everybody just calls me Maya. My Mum named me that after one of those funny dogs with no scent from the TV. That's an anagram for 'My Amazing Young Anatolian', whatever an anagram is. I'm five years old, I weigh 55 kilos, and I am fawn with a black mask, but I have a white tail tip too. I live with my Mum and Mum's pets in sunny Townsville, Australia.

Welcome

Welcome

Monday 21 October 2013

My day at Work

A nice family patting and admiring me!
I went to Work with Mum today! Turns out that even though she goes to Work almost every day, work is pretty easy to do. Mostly, you just lie there and let people admire and pat you (if you are a dog) or you tell the people who come in to pat me the best things to buy for their dogs (if you are a human like Mum).
I hope Mum told all the people that come in to pat me that the best treat is Ducky Jerky. Mum brought some for me to eat when we had lunch. 

This is my favourite aisle to be in at Work. I am not allowed to help myself to treats though...
Some of the other things I helped Mum with when people weren't patting and admiring me were:
Helped Mum build cages;
Helped Mum sweep the floor;
Guarded the door;

Helped Mum pick up stuff people who came in to pat me put back in the wrong spot and put it in the right spot. 

Helped Mum and Adam put bird seed on shelves. Adam is one of my favourite people. His job at Work is to push around trolleys filled with dog food. Since this is so boring for him, I like to stand in front of his trolleys so he can stop, and pat me;
Helped Mum in the office. I Wonder why humans yell at printing machine so often. I wondered if it would make Mum feel happier if I chewed on printing machine a little. Got taken out of the office before I could try and see.

In the office!

At Work I met Mum's friend Nik! Nik is very nice and patted me LOTS. Mum says Nik enjoys reading my blog so I he ought to have a photo on it. (With me in it, of course.) 
Me & Nik

Some dogs came in to see me too. First dog was very polite puppy called Piper, who is a Border collie cross. Piper is very clever and has a very nice Mum. Piper got some treats for coming in to see me and I got some too, naturally. Next dog was not polite, bounced and jumped and stared, so I decided to jump on him to show him who was boss around here! Sadly, I was on the lead so could not jump on him. Mum was cross with me and told me off and I had to go and sit in the hydrobath room all by myself with nobody to pat me. Can you imagine? 



Sad me.

Mum forgave me once other dog left, and then the sky got dark and we went home in the car. On the way, we stopped for a quick dog park trip.
Mum found something sitting on one of the benches - she called it an 'iphone' and seemed pretty worried, even though I thought a lost iphone was a whole lot less worrying than all the lost dogs we'd been looking for lately. Only one other dog was at the dog park, and that was Doberman puppy Leeds. Ran around with him and did a little game of Wrestle. When he had gone home, Mum asked me what we should do with the phone. "Somebody might steal it if we leave it here Maya, or it might get rained on. It has a password so I can't call the owner..."
Frankly, all this iphone talk wasn't that interesting. I'm not allowed to chew on phones, so I find them quite boring and can't understand why humans sit there pressing buttons and staring at them so much.
Luckily, whatever was worrying Mum about the iphone was solved just as we were getting ready to leave the park - it started to ring and she answered it. "Lost iphone service!"
She talked to the iphone for a while then she let me stay five minutes longer at the dog park so a man could come and see me. He took the iphone, and he didn't even pat me! Hmmf. Good thing I'd gotten lots of pats today or I might have been offended. Finally, we did leave the dog park and head for home.


I wonder why Mum is always finding lost things. Dogs last week, phones this week. I wonder what we will find when we have our next Adventure? 

No comments:

Post a Comment