About Maya

My name's Takas Neşeli, but everybody just calls me Maya. My Mum named me that after one of those funny dogs with no scent from the TV. That's an anagram for 'My Amazing Young Anatolian', whatever an anagram is. I'm five years old, I weigh 55 kilos, and I am fawn with a black mask, but I have a white tail tip too. I live with my Mum and Mum's pets in sunny Townsville, Australia.

Welcome

Welcome

Saturday 19 October 2013

Lost dogs everywhere...

Another funny car ride today. Mum was taking Zeke and me to the dog park and we were about halfway when we saw two black dogs, a big one and a medium one, just lounging around right by the highway, which I thought was a funny place to have a rest. 

Mum stopped, and here's the funny part - she left me and Zeke in the car on our own, which she NEVER does. Mum is very strict about dogs in cars, at least when they are not moving, because she says they are too hot. But she wasn't gone very long. She went over to the two black dogs and began calling them. But they were scared, the same way some new puppies get the first time they come to the dog park, and they ran away from Mum. Then Mum came back to the car and put on the cold air and played on her phone. Zeke and I didn't whine, because it was easy to tell how frustrated Mum was - I think she wanted to catch those black dogs and was disappointed she scared them away trying to help them. 
We drove in circles for a little bit longer, but there were no more black dogs. I thought they were the same lost dogs we drove around looking for yesterday, but it turns out, yesterday's lost dogs got home safely, which means these were two NEW lost dogs. I hope they get home, too. 


So in the end we had a dog park visit. Zeke is never much fun at the dog park, he just goes and licks all the people, grumbles when the puppies try to make him play and lies down at Mum's feet. But that was okay, because Miska the Belgian shepherd was there and I ran around with her. After she left there weren't many dogs my age, though Tully the Labrador puppy and Leeds the Doberman puppy came. 

Tully and me

Leeds is very funny. He has great big long legs and ears and huge paws. I think his long ears stop him from seeing where he is going, and he trips over his big long paws. He did distract Tully's mum for me so I could have some pats, thought.

Leeds and Tully
Me getting pats!

Leeds is not very good at wrestle... 


After he was done falling all over Tully, Leeds came over to me. When he first started coming to the dog park, he ran away if I so much as sniffed him. Now he wanted to play.

At first I ignored him, but like his friend Tully he does have very nice manners so he is hard to ignore.



Plus, he just kept ASKING and ASKING... I'm sure I wasn't as annoying as him when I was a puppy. 

But in the end I did chase him a little.


And wrestle with him. 


I even pretended that HE scared ME. 

Yeah right...

Now I'm back at home and it's time to sleep. I think about all the lost dogs from the last few days, and I'm glad that I'm here at home with my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment