About Maya

My name's Takas Neşeli, but everybody just calls me Maya. My Mum named me that after one of those funny dogs with no scent from the TV. That's an anagram for 'My Amazing Young Anatolian', whatever an anagram is. I'm five years old, I weigh 55 kilos, and I am fawn with a black mask, but I have a white tail tip too. I live with my Mum and Mum's pets in sunny Townsville, Australia.

Welcome

Welcome

Friday 18 April 2014

Busy Walk with Austin!




We spent our Friday night at the Strand and the new part - Jezzine Barracks - but today Austin came too! Also Austin brought his humans, Dani and Rhys, both of whom I really like because they give really good pats. It was very exciting to see Austin, even if we both had to be Good Dogs and walk nicely onlead instead of running around playing with one another. (Mum calls this being 'crazy dogs'.) 




See, we aren't crazy at all!
So we went all around Jezzine Barracks and caught a very nice sea-breeze, then we walked all the way along a wooden walkway that Mum and I didn't find last visit. It was very busy and there were LOTS of people and dogs, but most of them were Good Dogs too - only one barked at me when we walked by. Mum told me to ignore him, so I did. A nice couple stopped to give me pats and attention - not many humans know what breed of dog I am so it is a nice surprise when they do.


Catching the sunset just above the walkway

After we came off the walkway, we went nearly the whole way down the Strand. We stopped at a cafe where lots of humans were sitting down and having drinks or tasty snacks. Austin and I were very Good Dogs indeed and we lay quietly under the table (in Austin's case) and beside the table (in my case). 

Table-surfing... just in case there was a stray crumb...

Some more nice people and their very tiny dogs said hi to us there and I got more pats. One of the tiny dogs lifted her lip and growled when I went to say hi to her but since I was being a Good Dog, I let it slide. I was very interested though that the tiny dogs got to sit on their own chairs at the cafe... Mum says I would not fit into a cafe chair but I bet I could give it a try.

Sneaky kisses with Austin under the table
Then when we left the cafe a poodle-cross came charging at me barking some very rude things in dog language. Luckily he was on a lead so he didn't get all the way to me - lucky for him, since I wouldn't have minded teaching him a lesson about proper manners while in public. But of course, being a Good Dog, I did no such thing. We went back down the Strand and Mum forgot where she parked the car for a while. I don't know why humans are getting lost all the time (Mum ESPECIALLY) - why don't they just smell their way around like dogs do? Humans are just strange sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment