About Maya

My name's Takas Neşeli, but everybody just calls me Maya. My Mum named me that after one of those funny dogs with no scent from the TV. That's an anagram for 'My Amazing Young Anatolian', whatever an anagram is. I'm five years old, I weigh 55 kilos, and I am fawn with a black mask, but I have a white tail tip too. I live with my Mum and Mum's pets in sunny Townsville, Australia.

Welcome

Welcome

Friday 4 April 2014

Bring out the big guns




The Strand has another great place to visit - all the construction and blocks have gone now, so me and Mum went exploring the new area called 'Jezzine Barracks'. Had lots of fun!
 
To get there, we had to go up the stairs I remember from when I was younger, but the area up above them is all open now. There were all these little concrete bunker lookouts set into the walls that were very interesting to explore - even if I couldn't hop up on top of them like Mum could.

This one was very tall.
There were also very good views, Mum is just like me in that regard - we love climbing up high places to see everything.
 

THEN we found this... HAD to pose for a photo by this very, very big gun. 
Anatolians: Now with heavy artillery! 

Eventually it was time to head down, so we found a winding ramp leading back down the hill. We did stop to check out the new outdoor theatre:

And I had to give it a test-run of course!

After that, it was time to go home and help Mum cook a very tasty roast pork. Another wonderful day of Adventure!


No comments:

Post a Comment